Eugene NeoGraft® Hair Replacement
No linear scar, no invasive surgery. Just a fuller head of your own natural hair!
Your hair plays an important role in defining your appearance. Noticeable thinning, a receding hair line, or pattern baldness, while extremely common, can negatively impact your self-confidence. The good news is that you do not have to accept hair loss, and you do not have to compromise a natural look to regain a fuller, more attractive head of hair.
Neograft Hair Restoration
We are proud to offer the NeoGraft® Hair Transplant System at Movassaghi Plastic Surgery, the first FDA cleared automated follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure for hair restoration. In a minimally-invasive outpatient procedure, NeoGraft transplants individual healthy hair follicles from the back of your head to repopulate thinning areas, helping you restore a youthful hairline and enjoy normal, healthy hair growth within just a few months. Plus, results can last a lifetime.
How NeoGraft can help
Aging or genetics can cause hair loss on the front, sides or top of your head, but hair follicles located on the back of your head are genetically programmed to produce healthy hair growth your entire life. The NeoGraft procedure extracts individual follicular units from this area and relocates them to areas where you are experiencing hair loss. This automated process helps to remove follicles more gently and precisely, which greatly increases follicle survival rate following transplantation.
The procedure takes only a few hours to perform, and restores normal, natural hair growth within 3 to 4 months after treatment. Moreover, patients are glad they had this treatment—NeoGraft has a 93% Worth-It rating on RealSelf.com.
Benefits of Neograft include:
- Minimally-invasive outpatient procedure with only local anesthesia
- No linear scar—minor pinpoint scarring produced during extraction heals inconspicuously once hair regrows in the area
- NeoGraft treatment time is hours less than older, manual methods of extraction
- Very little downtime—many patients return to a desk job the next day, and exercise is permitted within a couple of weeks
- Excellent success rate—NeoGraft’s proprietary technology extracts hair follicles carefully and precisely, increasing their survival rate significantly for more satisfying, predictable results.
- You can style, cut or color your hair however you want after NeoGraft—no minimum length required!
- Results can last a lifetime.
What to expect with NeoGraft hair restoration in Eugene
Dr. Movassaghi performs NeoGraft as an outpatient procedure. First, he will mark the areas where he will place each follicular unit to ensure a natural hair pattern once hair growth is restored. To keep you comfortable during treatment, your scalp will be numbed with local anesthesia.
During the NeoGraft procedure, Dr. Movassaghi will extract the needed follicles from the back of your head using the handheld NeoGraft device, removing each follicle quickly and gently. These follicles are then placed in a temporary chamber to keep them in the optimal environment while they await transplantation. When extraction is complete, Dr. Movassaghi will implant each unit precisely into the scalp to restore even, natural thickness to your hairline or balding areas.
Following treatment, you will notice that the newly transplanted hair begins to shed away after 2 to 3 weeks, which is a completely normal process. Within 3 to 4 months, your hair will have fully resumed its normal growth cycle, and from this point on, you will enjoy fuller, healthier hair growth in the treated areas.
This short video helps explain the NeoGraft procedure, and how it differs from older, strip-style hair transplant methods.
Is NeoGraft a good option for me?
For the right patient, NeoGraft can be a safe, effective option to treat moderate to advanced hair loss and restore healthy hair growth. You might consider NeoGraft if you:
- Are a man or woman suffering from pattern baldness or other progressive forms of hair loss
- Feel self-conscious about the effect hair loss has had on your appearance
- Are in good general health
- Want the freedom to wear your hair in any style you choose
- Have realistic expectations about results
Dr. Movassaghi and our experienced staff can help you decide whether NeoGraft is the right procedure to treat your hair loss during a personal consultation.