Breast Implant Revision
Enhance or improve your augmented look
Breast implant replacement is a procedure for exchanging previous implants with new implants. The goal can be to improve the appearance of the breasts or simply to replace older implants.
Breast implant revision is a cosmetic surgery that allows a patient to improve the appearance or comfort of previously enhanced breasts. Dr. Movassaghi can replace or remove breast implants to reduce, enlarge, or reshape the breasts. Breast augmentation revision surgery can be an opportunity to address dissatisfaction or complications with a previous breast enlargement, or simply to update your look to suit your current lifestyle.
“I am very pleased with the outcome of my surgery. Your knowledge & skills gave me a very natural look just like I requested. You are awesome! I will highly recommend you.”*
Any one of the following feelings or conditions may indicate that you are ready to consider breast implant revision:
- Your Lifestyle Has Changed: you no longer wish to have breast implants for personal reasons
- Desire for a Size Change: you may wish to exchange your implants for smaller or larger implants; or to switch from saline to silicone, or vice versa
- Capsular Contracture: sensitivity, infection, and bleeding that exacerbate internal scarring are among the known causes of capsular contracture, characterized by overly firm and spherical breasts that look unnatural
- Implant Malposition: poor placement of one or both implants can result in an unnatural appearance (too high, too close, too far apart, unequally placed)
- Rippling: rippling can occur when implants are placed in an area that lacks adequate tissue to cover the implant, or when a saline implant is not sufficiently filled prior to implantation
- Implant Leakage or Rupture: significant force can cause a breast implant to rupture. This can result in immediate deflation of saline implants, with obvious effects the breasts’ appearance, or slow deflation of silicone implants