Male Botox Treatments in Eugene
All about BOTOX for men
While most men aren’t worried about a few wrinkles here and there, when your facial expressions make you look worried or stressed out even when you’re not, that’s a problem. Deep brow furrows and lines between the eyes often form as a result of habitual muscle contractions that we make without even realizing it.
Botox can effectively reduce the appearance of these wrinkles by relaxing the responsible muscles, helping you look more naturally refreshed and approachable without surgery or downtime. Over 400,000 men had Botox Cosmetic injections in 2014, making it the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment for men by far.
How BOTOX works
Botox Cosmetic contains a neurotoxin called Botulinum toxin type A. When injected into very specific facial muscles, this neurotoxin harmlessly and temporarily paralyzes the targeted muscle fibers, stopping those habitual contractions from happening. When administered properly by a skilled practitioner, Botox will dramatically lessen the severity of brow furrows while allowing you to make natural facial expressions.
Quick treatment with no downtime
A lot of our male Botox patients are surprised to learn how fast and easy the treatments can be. Dr. Movassaghi can perform Botox injections during a 15-20 minute, in-office appointment. While some patients notice mild redness around the injection site, no downtime is needed; you can continue with your day. The effects typically begin to show within about 3 days.
What can BOTOX help treat for men?
- Relax brow furrows and glabellar lines to correct a tired or angry appearance
- Smooth crow’s feet and lines around the outer eyes
- Restore a more youthful appearance to the eyes and brow for men not ready for brow lift surgery
Does BOTOX work differently for men?
Yes and no. It is especially important for men to choose a Botox provider who has experience treating male patients to ensure optimal results. While Botox Cosmetic works the same way for both men and women, treatment must be approached differently for men:
- Men typically require a more concentrated dose of Botox. Because a man’s facial musculature is naturally thicker, the dose of Botox needed to achieve the desired result can be very different than what is needed to treat the same location in a woman.
- Injection points must be chosen to achieve a natural, masculine result. Typically, men are more concerned with troubleshooting a specific problem, such as improving an “angry” expression, than with smoothing wrinkles across the face.
Dr. Movassaghi personally performs all Botox injections p at our office. As a board certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience in facial cosmetic surgery, Dr. Movassaghi’s skillful precision and extensive knowledge of facial anatomy allow him to make subtle adjustments to help ensure optimal results for each individual patient.