Want to treat your special someone to a little romance? Whether you’re celebrating your anniversary or a big accomplishment, or you simply want to show your sweetheart how much they mean to you, a special outing can add spark to day-to-day life.
Luckily, you don’t have to go far to enjoy a great date—there are a number of fun things to do in Eugene, whether you head to a spot that delivers when it comes to classic romance or shake things up with a creative outing. Below are a few of our favorite date night spots.
1. Share a bite to eat
Sharing wonderful food with a loved one is a quintessential date night activity—and Eugene has a number of restaurants that make the perfect backdrop for a romantic evening.
- The Ristorante Italiano at Excelsior Inn is fine dining at its finest for anyone who appreciates authentic Italian cuisine in an elegant environment. If you overindulge in a little vino or simply want to extend your special evening, you can plan on staying the night in one of their beautiful guest rooms.
- Novo Modern Latin Table is a must-try for anyone who loves vibrant, Latin flavors. Everything is prepared in-house using local, organic ingredients whenever possible—and their modern approach to traditional Spanish, Mexican, and Peruvian dishes is sure to wow your date.
- The King’s Estate restaurant has some of the best seats in the city for breathtaking views. You can take in the scenery while tasting one of their locally crafted wines and enjoying a bite to eat.
- Beppe & Gianni’s Trattoria is a local-favorite for good reason. From their fresh pasta, perfectly prepared seafood, and impressive wine selection to the warm, inviting atmosphere, this Italian restaurant in Eugene is sure to please your palate and your date.
- If you prefer your meals to be a little more low-key, head over to Oishii Sushi to share your favorite roll or grab an award-winning burger at The Vintage.
2. Take a romantic stroll
Eugene has lots of lovely green space—and as the weather becomes more temperate, it’s the perfect opportunity to get out and enjoy it with your one and only. Whether you pack a picnic and make a day of it or take a brief detour before your other plans, a stroll can be a great way to enjoy your partner’s company while getting a little fresh air.
For a daytime hike, consider the trails at Mount Pisgah Arboretum or Spencer’s Butte to get the blood pumping. Time it right, and you can watch a gorgeous sunset with your date. Just be sure to head back out relatively quickly once it gets darker to avoid bugs crashing your date.
If you’re looking for an easy stroll after dinner, head over to the Park Blocks in the heart of downtown or check Washington Jefferson City Park.
3. Enjoy a show
Looking for a little entertainment after dinner? Eugene has a little something for everyone’s tastes.
- Sports fan? You, your date, and a foam finger can always head to Autzen Stadium and cheer on the Mighty Ducks.
- If you prefer performing arts in lieu or performing touchdowns, the Hult Center always has something fun happening, from Broadway hits and classical ballet to symphony performances and stand-up shows.
- Get a taste of Cannes right in Eugene by catching an indie flick or foreign film at Bijou Art Cinemas. This renovated home has been serving Eugene crowds for decades now and is renowned for both its eclectic elegance and unerring taste in the arts.
4. Grab coffee and a sweet treat
Happy Saturday folks! We have new desserts of the month to help sweeten up your January! Pictured here we have a salted caramel chocolate cupcake (Gluten, egg, and dairy free), Opera cake, Red Velvet whoopie pie, and a slice of orange strawberry passion fruit cake! We hope you get to enjoy them soon! Cheers dears! 🍰
End your evening on a sweet note by indulging in a treat and warm beverage of your choice at one of Eugene’s many cafes and bakeries.
- Who doesn’t love a lovingly prepared cupcake? Sweet Life Patisserie has what you need to cure your sweet tooth—even if you’re gluten-free or vegan! Pair your pick with an espresso to get a little extra zip in your step for the rest of your date.
- If you prefer to cool down with a local favorite, Prince Puckler’s Ice Cream has you covered—and you can’t go wrong with any of their homemade flavors. Pro date tip: make sure you each try a different flavor so you can share.
- Sip on an organic chai tea and munch on a pastry at Wandering Goat Coffee Co. while you and your date rehash what an amazing evening you had together.
Get date-night ready at Movassaghi Plastic Surgery & Ziba Medical Spa
Of course, you’ll want to look your best before you head out on the town. Contact us today to learn all about which treatments and products can help you look and feel your very best. We’re here to answer any questions you might have in a compassionate, low-pressure, and expert environment, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Have an idea for things to do in Eugene that we missed? Let us know! We’d love to hear your ideas for romantic night on the town.