Have you ever looked in the mirror and wished you could change just one—or make that two—things? If you wish you had better-looking breasts, you’re not alone: breast augmentation was the top plastic surgery for women in 2014. Follow this guide to find out which breast procedure can make the biggest difference for you.
The Most Common Breast Problems
It is very common for women to feel their breasts aren’t the size or shape they want. Here’s a list of the most common issues we hear women complain about:
- Asymmetry (one breast is different from the other)
- Being too small to fill out clothes, especially bathing suits
- Breasts that are not proportionate to the hips
- Nipples that are low on the breast
- Heavy, large breasts causing back pain
- Post-pregnancy volume loss
- Sagging caused by aging
- Post-weight loss sagging
- Tubular breasts (“snoopy” breasts)
Luckily, breast surgery can solve any of the above issues, and have a dramatic impact on the way you look and feel about your breasts.
Which Breast Enhancement Is Best for You?
There are several different kinds of breast enhancements to consider. We’ll group them generally to help you understand what might be the path to a solution for your concerns.
- Sagging issues, including nipple location. A breast lift is the way to address breast and nipple issues associated with weight loss or aging. You and your doctor can design a breast lift that fits your goals. Note that a breast lift alone does not add volume, but is often combined with a breast augmentation to provide fullness.
- One or both breasts are too small. Breast augmentation can give you a fuller figure, or be used to improve symmetry between your breasts if they differ, and one is too small. If you’ve had children, or are over forty, your plastic surgeon may recommend a breast lift and augmentation combination to ensure your enlarged breasts will be at an attractive elevation, and that your results will be long-lasting.
- Breasts that are overly large or heavy. Breast reduction is for women who are hindered by or feel pain because of their natural breast size. The relief it can provide is evident in the fact that it has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates of all plastic surgery procedures. A skilled surgeon can reduce breast size and transform them into a more desirable shape.
- Shape issues. If you have tubular or unusually shaped breasts, you’ll need to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon who has experience correcting this issue. Often, breast augmentation is combined with a specialized breast lift to correct tubular breasts.
How Do I Get the Breasts I Want?
All of the above breast enhancement surgeries have proven to be safe and effective options for the right patients. Just be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in the type of breast procedure you want. You’ll also want to be sure you are comfortable with the doctor and staff, as honest communication will help your team understand your needs and help you get results you love.
If you live in or plan to visit the Eugene, Oregon area, you can find out which kind of breast enhancement is right for you during a personalized consultation with Dr. Movassaghi. He can help you determine the best way to achieve your goals so you can have the breasts you’ve always wanted.