Are you looking for a non-surgical skin treatment that will improve signs of aging, reduce the appearance of skin imperfections, and tone and tighten your skin? Our state-of-the-art INTRAcel PRO treatment system from Perigree combines traditional microneedling with radiofrequency skin tightening to improve skin texture, complexion, and skin elasticity with virtually no downtime!
- What is Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling?
- How is RF Microneedling different from traditional microneedling?
- What areas can receive RF Microneedling treatments?
- How many RF Microneedling treatments do I need?
- Is RF Microneedling painful?
- What is RF Microneedling recovery like?
- Am I a good candidate for RF microneedling?
What is Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling?
Like traditional microneedling, RF microneedling rejuvenates the skin by using a needle-tipped pen device to create micro-injuries on the skin’s surface. RF microneedling takes this process to the next level by incorporating high-intensity radiofrequency energy, which is delivered into sub-layers of the skin through ultra-fine, insulated needles. By both triggering the body’s natural healing process and warming the dermis layer, RF Microneedling notably increases collagen and elastin production, incrementally restoring skin firmness and elasticity over the course of the following months.
Benefits of RF Microneedling
Eugene RF microneedling can be used to:
- Tighten loose skin
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite
- Reduce pore size, acne scarring, and improve skin texture
- Smooth fine lines and wrinkles
- Correct hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Improve the skin’s tone
How is RF Microneedling different from traditional microneedling?
Both treatments are similar, and safe for most all skin types, but RF microneedling offers some distinct advantages:
- RF microneedling more quickly achieves noticeable results.
- The combination of microneedling and RF methodologies addresses multiple skin concerns.
- RF energy intensity is customizable based on patient goals.
- Integrated RF energy can break down scar tissue.
- Fine needles increase precision and comfort.
- The collagen-stimulating effects of microneedling are amplified with radiofrequency.
What areas can receive RF Microneedling treatments?
Radiofrequency microneedling treatments benefit men and women and can be safely used on numerous areas of the face and body to reverse signs of aging, correct skin imperfections, and increase skin vitality:
- Upper arms
- Back of the hands
Add-on: Exosome Regenerative Complex for Improved Collagen Induction
To double down on your treatment and see even more refined results, we recommend pairing your microneedling treatment with Exosome therapy. Stem-cell derived exosomes signal cells to regenerate, without the need for blood to be drawn before your treatment.
We use the highly-purified Exosome regenerative complex serum, which has been shown to be even more effective than other therapies due to smaller particle size and a bi-lipid layer for overall better skin penetration. Further, it has a much greater growth factor concentration.
If you choose to add Exosome to your treatment, we will perform the microneedling treatment, then apply the Exosome regenerative complex serum topically afterwards. To allow it to take effect, we will ask you to wait to wash your face for several hours, and protect your skin from UV exposure.
How many RF Microneedling treatments do I need?
Patients will likely see notably smoother, rejuvenated skin after just one RF microneedling treatment, however, we recommend a series of 3 treatments for more complete results. (In contrast, traditional microneedling requires 6+ treatments to achieve this level of improvement.) As your skin continues to improve with increased collagen production over time, peak results will be visible between 3 and 6 months following your initial treatment.
Is RF Microneedling painful?
Some patients report mild discomfort during treatment but most patients do not experience any pain. Using state-of-the-art technology allows us to fully customize treatment and avoid potential microneedling issues including tissue resistance, tearing, or dimpling. Your aesthetician will also apply a topical numbing cream before treatment to further minimize discomfort; if needed, we can recommend an OTC pain reliever to take in the hours following treatment.
What is RF Microneedling recovery like?
Radiofrequency with microneedling requires virtually no downtime. You may resume your normal activities immediately after treatment—though we recommend waiting 24 hours before returning to your normal skincare and makeup routines. The primary post-treatment rule is to avoid sun exposure and be sure to apply a broad-spectrum SPF to protect your healing skin, reapplying throughout the day as directed.
Am I a good candidate for RF microneedling?
This non-surgical treatment is safe for almost all skin types and you are likely a good candidate if you:
- Are in general good health.
- Notice early signs of aging or have skin imperfections.
- Have realistic expectations and understand complete results are typically achieved after 3 treatments.
We recommend deferring treatments if you:
- Are pregnant.
- Use Accutane (or have recently).
- Have an active skin infection or skin disease (i.e. cold sores or psoriasis).
- Are undergoing radiation or chemotherapy.
- Have a history of poor wound healing.
Rejuvenate your skin with RF microneedling in Eugene, OR
If you want to diminish signs of aging and improve the appearance of skin imperfections, our Eugene skincare specialists would be happy to discuss your goals and concerns, evaluate your skin, and develop a treatment plan optimized to achieve your desired results. Ziba Medical Spa at Movassaghi Plastic Surgery is under the direction of board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Kiya Movassaghi, ensuring our staff is exceptionally qualified to safely perform a wide variety of rejuvenating medical spa procedures and treatments. To schedule your personal consultation, contact us online or call our practice at 541.686.8700.